Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Un Wedding Cake


One note on wedding cakes.
So, I'm always looking for unique alternatives to the traditional wedding. (Don't get me wrong I love traditional, but always, and I stress always, with a twist).That said, I came across this photo on Martha Stewart's website. I love this. It's so romantic. I also love this because it's NOT the cup cake tower. I just really feel like the cupcake tower has been done so much that it's dead or becoming a dead trend. When the cupcake tower came out we were all like, " oh, that is so cute." Now when I see one I'm not really that thrilled with it. And I don't think it's inventive. I've gone back to the, "show me what you can do with the cake." Definatly, not saying spend ten thousand on it. But honestly, if a bride shows me her really simple classic cake that maybe her aunt made speacially for her, I'm more likely to oogle over that because it says so much about the gesture and makes for great memories.

That said, this is winner in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment