Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Craft Fair Treasures Follow up


OK, so the treasure found at the craft show I went to this past weekend, is the pearl vendor I found. This was an older couple that only do craft shows. They don't have a website and I couldn't even get a business card from them. They had beautiful pieces and someone could easily have purchased one on the cheap for their wedding day. Much cheaper then what you might get at a jeweler. I did do some surface testing to see if the pearls were real. And I couldn't scratch which means even if they weren't real the odds of them chipping on your wedding day is slim. What I think can't be guaranteed is that you are actually getting your money's worth. However if your paying less for it maybe quality is as big a deal a say style. I do know from traveling to Asia that pearls do not cost nearly the same around the world as they do hear. Actually, in China you can get gorgeous pearls very cheap. When I was there I picked up a pink pearl set necklace, earrings and bracelet for about $12.00 with a gorgeous decorative clasp and everything. I also brought home a beautiful 3 strand Jackie O white pearl set for about $20.00. You would never be able to pay that here.

Now of course I love jewelers and I personally love Left Bank in Chicago and Raphael Jewelers in Glenview. What you get from a jeweler is guaranteed quality, service and style. All my point is that if you are a bride on a budget, you have too keep your eyes open and maybe be willing to go places you might not have thought about to get the look you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment